CHPV Lunch Gathering
Celebrating Black History Month
Wednesday, February 28, 2024
In-Person at Augustana Lutheran Church
10:30am – 1:00pm
Enjoy lunch & conversation with great friends and neighbors! Join us and your fellow Hyde Park & South Side friends for a celebration of Black History Month at our monthly Lunch Gathering. Bring your own heirlooms, memorabilia, personal possessions, and recommended reading celebrating the Black experience to discuss and display on a dedicated table. Plus pick up your own copy of The Book Cellar's Racial Justice Book Club bibliography courtesy of the book club moderator and CHPV member Kathy Williams.
Schedule of Activities:
10:30 – Doors open for Exercise with Coach Wesley Pulphus*
11:00 – Arrive to chat with friends
11:30 – Announcements and activities begin. Also browse the Book & Jewelry Exchange and get tech help with UofC students
12:00 – Lunch is served
1:00 – Wrap-up
* Learn more about CHPV's Free Friday Exercise with Coach Wesley!
It takes a Village! Please sign up to volunteer at this and other events.
Catered by Hyde Park's Dawn A.M. Eatery
Fried Green Tomatoes with Remoulade Sauce
Mac and Cheese
Coffee, Tea, Lemonade, Water
Free on-site parking at Augustana Lutheran Church!
CHPV Members may also request transportation.
Due by 4pm on the Friday prior to the event.
Call 773-363-1933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The safety of our community members is of utmost importance.
• If you are experiencing Covid-19, flu, or cold symptoms and/or are not feeling well, please refrain from participating in CHPV in-person activities. Please contact us if you are compelled to cancel due to illness and wish to receive a full refund.
• CHPV strongly recommends wearing a face mask when not actively eating or drinking.
• CHPV strongly encourages all persons attending in-person events to be current with their COVID-19 and flu vaccinations according to CDC guidelines. If your vaccinations are up-to-date, please complete the CHPV COVID-19 Bivalent & Flu Vaccination Record.
Email email@example.com with your questions.
If you are not a member of CHPV and have been enjoying our programs and services, please consider joining now! Membership starts as low as $100 annually.
Whether you are a member or not, CHPV's programs and services depend on the generous support of people like you! Please make a gift to CHPV's vibrant community of healthy living and social connection.
JOIN NOW! DONATE
Coach Wesley Pulphus