Hyde Park Community Thanksgiving Day Meal
With Chicago Hyde Park Village & Augustana Lutheran Church
Thursday, November 23, 2023
12:30 – 3:00
(Immediately following the Rockefeller Chapel Thanksgiving Day Service)
Augustana Lutheran Church of Hyde Park
5500 South Woodlawn Avenue
Registration required by Sunday, Nov 19
Join your community of neighbors for a festive celebration. Be thankful together!
Register or Donate
(Whether or not you are able to attend, please use this button to contribute additional support toward the cost of Thanksgiving Day Meals for others. Your contribution will help support the cost of Thanksgiving Day Meals for your neighbors who may have difficulty affording it.)
The Community Celebration Features:
Music: Clara Takarabe on Viola
Buffet Menu: Turkey (generously donated by Hyde Park Produce), dressing, gravy, ham, sweet potato, mashed potato, salad, vegetable, cranberry sauce, roll, and dessert
➜ Dessert and Beverage Potluck — Bring a favorite dessert, wine, bubbly or other beverge to share!
Homebound? We will deliver a meal to you.
Please register & select the option for home delivery at checkout.
Know someone who needs a meal delivery? Please contact us!
Home delivery is limited to community members who are homebound and unable to attend in person.
Volunteer help needed for various services!
We are thankful for the kindness of "neighbors helping neighbors." Sign up online to volunteer or contact Susan Alitto at (773) 485-3643 or email@example.com. Please leave a message! Volunteer opportunities include:
• Drivers & assistants to deliver meals (11:30-12:30)
• Vetted CHPV drivers to provide transportation to/from Augustana (12-12:45; 1:15-2)
• Setup Thanksgiving Day morning (9-12, whatever time you can spare; please specify)
• Greeters/Registrars (2 shifts between 12-1)
• Servers (2 shifts between 12-1:15)
• Clean up (1:30-3)
Help support your community whether or not you are able to attend! Your contributions are greatly appreciate toward Thanksgiving Day meals for your neighbors who may have difficulty affording it. Please consider making a contribution during registration.
Free on-site parking at Augustana Lutheran Church!
CHPV Members may also request transportation.
Due by 4pm on the Friday prior to the event.
Call 773-363-1933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The safety of our community members is of utmost importance.
• If you are experiencing Covid-19, flu, or cold symptoms and/or are not feeling well, please refrain from participating in CHPV in-person activities. Please contact us if you are compelled to cancel due to illness and wish to receive a full refund.
• CHPV strongly recommends wearing a face mask when not actively eating or drinking.
• CHPV strongly encourages all persons attending in-person events to be current with their COVID-19 and flu vaccinations according to CDC guidelines. If your vaccinations are up-to-date, please complete the CHPV COVID-19 Bivalent & Flu Vaccination Record.
Email email@example.com with your questions.
Our special thanks to Hyde Park Produce for providing our Thanksgiving Day meals at a very "neighborly" price!
If you are not a member of CHPV and have been enjoying our programs and services, please consider joining now! Membership starts as low as $100 annually.
Whether you are a member or not, CHPV's programs and services depend on the generous support of people like you! Please make a gift to CHPV's vibrant community of healthy living and social connection.
JOIN NOW! DONATE